Medical concepts are complicated and it is difficult to explain them to customers. Patients who have zero medical knowledge may find it challenging to understand their conditions, medication, or pain. The confusions make patients less likely to go to hospitals or use medical treatment effectively.
The healthcare business could surpass this challenge by applying animation with eLearning authoring creation software. Below is a case study of iCareBetter – a technology company that mostly provides services for hospitals and doctors.
Intending to help doctors better educate patients on heart failures, CareBetter decided to use White Board Animation. Take a look at the video below to have more insights:
Let’s answer some questions to understand the case in more detail:
HOW could White Board Animation help
Narrows down the gaps between patients and healthcare providers
- White Board Animation is the most simple animation method. With the ability to simplify complicated medical concepts, it is easier to understand and memorize. Complex terms can be demonstrated with vibrant and familiar pictures. An animated educational explainer knocks down all barriers between patients and doctors.
Avoid wasting time
- A short, simple animation explains medical information effectively and saves time. Doctors can avoid wasting so much time making things clear three or four times for each patient. Learners could memorize information faster and even if they don’t they can watch the video again. Another advantage is that the patient could adjust the video speed based on their preferences.
High quality comes with a reasonable price
- Whiteboard explainer videos are simple but good enough to deliver complex information. It could demonstrate the concepts and consequences of a particular disease precisely. Although it has enormous educational value, the budget to produce one medical explainer is far cheaper than other animation types.
Informative yet fun
- Patients can learn with ease as graphics are illustrated in a more friendly way. Even children could learn about what is happening with their organs, without seeing bloody and messy pictures. Animated explainer videos with white blank spaces help patients focus on key concepts and digest new knowledge slowly. Moreover, added voice-over and sound effects bring joy to the learning process.
WHAT will an animation studio do to help you?
Step 1. Understand and transfer the medical knowledge into animation script accurately
The script is the soul of the video. Simplicity is great but accuracy is far more important. Studios must work closely with healthcare providers to create detailed scripts with key concepts. To build a strong foundation for the whole production process later, the communication must be very clear and straightforward.
Step 2. Create a detailed storyboard
After having an animation script, it is important to visualize and draw out a storyboard. In this step, clients could discuss with studios how they want the characters to look like or any ideas they come up with. Even if the clients are not sure about what they want, they needn’t worry as consultants will give them references.
Step 3. Illustrate the human body parts in a friendly style
Here is when the imagination comes true. Illustrators will demonstrate health issues and medical information based on the script and storyboard. It is important to have a team with expertise in creating medical explainer videos. The basic functions and original characteristics must not be changed.
Step 4. Add voice-over and get animated!
Finally, a voice-over is added to the video to connect the sequences. The voice-over will navigate learners through concepts. Sound effects added into the video are also effective in improving patients’ engagement. With sound, the videos are more realistic and interactive.
HOW to create medical explainer videos?
F.Learning is a studio that has 5-year experience in providing animation services for medical businesses. The team has gone through ups and downs to finally become an expert in visualizing complicated medical concepts. Trusted by well-known medical businesses such as Intelycare, and Simple Nursing, F.Learning has proved its professionalism. On average, the experienced in-house production team produces 50 minutes of medical animation per month. The creative experts go through all the difficulties so that our clients and their customers don’t have to.
Learn more about F.Learning’s services
Achieve Effective & Affordable Video Training
– uQualio is an award-winning, easy-to-use, all-in-one NextGen LMS software for any types of online video training.