I don’t know about you, but in my experience, corporate training can be dull and ineffective.
What needs to change?
Today, organizations and their people face rapidly changing circumstances, and work in separate locations – some remote, others in-person, all the while, needing to adopt the skills necessary to excel.
Enter video eLearning – a means to focus on core learnings, increase engagement, and give your people the knowledge and skills they need where and when it matters most.
Why Video eLearning for Corporate Training
According to elearningindustry.com, a learner is likely to remember only 10% of text-based content, 65% of visual content, but 95% of audio-visual content.
An article by Psychology Today, ‘Video vs. The Brain Perspective’ asserts that people learn better via video because the human brain processes videos 60,000 times faster than text.
Customize your video eLearning courses to meet your unique needs using real-world situations. One example: You have an external sales force that needs up-to-date knowledge about your product, simply notify your (external) people of a new course, nudge them to complete the course using email notifications, and publish the results within your group. All the while, using hands-on images of actual products or services.
Focus your training programs on continuous learning by providing courses to your team members when they need them – part of your ongoing efforts to improve team readiness. Imagine a screen pop-up, the ability to easily access specific content, view a video in your native language, or use subtitles. Applications include employee and customer onboarding, introducing new learnings, reviewing product or service specs, and more.
Give your teams the support they need by making corporate training on any device – PC, tablet, or smartphone, wherever they may be. Imagine, you have a customer who makes an unusual request, and your team member isn’t sure how to get the job done. She can simply access the information on her phone, and voilà, you have another happy customer.
How video eLearning works
First, you need a storyboard to create a good video.
These simple steps will help you transform your ideas into an outline for the video.
- Define your needs and goals
- Brainstorm your ideas
- Create a timeline for your story
- Begin sketching – by hand, or online
- Include additional notes
- Talk to a colleague (get feedback)
- Revise, and share again
Remember, your storyboard is an internal document – it doesn’t need to be a work of art.
We recommend that you consider bite-sized or space-learning videos as part of your storyboard for corporate tranining – max. 1-3 minutes per video – as they support the brain’s ability to remember.
Design ideas for the eLearning training for
- Bite-sized videos (microlearning) increase engagement and critical content retention
- Subtitles and publishing in different languages help to reach a wider audience Subtitles and publishing in different languages help to reach a wider audience
- Interactive features encourage users to participate (non-passive learning)
- Quizzes and tests are gamified repetitions that also help you to monitor users’ progress and results
- Competition and gamification give winners immediate and measurable rewards
- Award badges motivate learners – posting their badges on social media is a win-win
- Communication and feedback are critical parts of successful courses
- Remember to document your results to build on best practices in the future
Why UQualio – the video eLearning platform
If your organization is looking for a secure, low-cost, easy-to-use platform with a robust feature set, including built-in video editing, downloadable supporting documents, interactive quizzes, built-in communication to and from users, gamification, reporting & analytics, multi-language options, and digital badges that can be shared on social media then UQualio has you covered.
UQualio is an all-in-one video eLearning cloud-based browser application designed to enable you to create effective video eLearning training for the public, private, and eCommerce purposes, on any device, available 24/7.
UQualio – Video4Learning